Friday 16 December 2011

Ralph Cole Jr talks to XI Magazine about K-11



However, don’t think this superstar in the making is relegating himself to the world of comedy.  He recently wrapped a role in director Jules Stewart‘s prison drama, “K-11,” which marks a significant departure from his trademark funnyman persona.  Amidst a hectic schedule, he spoke with me regarding his thoughts on the entertainment industry, his dream role and his new role.


XI: What’s next for you?

I’m featured in this great new film called “K-11″ directed by Jules Stewart.  Hopefully it will be going to the 2012 Berlin Film Festival and we’ll have a domestic release later that year.  It’s a very gritty prison story.   As a comedian, it’s always great to play drama; I always immerse myself in it when I get a chance to.  We shot at a prison so everything was so realistic.  Playing a prisoner was so eye-opening.  I’m a passionate actor so, whatever I do, I go full-out and do it.

I’m also featured in another great film called “Eating Out: The Open Weekend” which just made its premiere in Palm Springs and will be coming to DVD in 2012 and also will air on the Logo network in July 2012.  Weekly, I co-host a radio show with Jasper Cole called “On The Set with Jasper Cole” and we interview celebrity guests from all aspects of entertainment.

This was definitely one of my most memorable interviews in almost 3 years of doing this.  Ralph is effervescent, realistic and a real hoot…paging television executives, this man would be great on ANY show!  Make sure you follow Ralph on Twitter (@Ralphcolejr).

For the great full interview with Ralph go here at the source ximagonline.

via @KstewAngel thank you for the tip.


K-11 Movie Fan Site side note: The mention of the Berlin Film Festival is exciting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment